In addition to all of our other great programs, we are pleased to offer the following specialized programs to our Club members in Barron County.
The BGC Council is a group of middle school Club members (president, vice president, treasurer and secretary) who are elected by their peers to plan and organize upcoming events such as dances, field trips and other special events. The BGC Council serves as a voice for Club members in letting our staff know what programming they would like to add in order to improve their site from a member's point of view. The BGC Council is also allocated budget money to buy new games or other supplies for their site, and recommend prizes for the "homework prize bin" associated with our Power Hour program.
Outdoor Adventures is designed to get Club members active outdoors. Some of the activities we do are season and weather-dependent, but have included nature hikes, fishing, cray fishing (a favorite of our Club members), visiting parks, canoeing, camping, snow shoeing, tubing, skiing and ice skating.
STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math)
* Provides the introductory and foundational STEM courses that lead to success in challenging and applied courses in secondary grades.
* Introduces awareness of STEM fields and occupations.
* Provides standards-based, structured inquiry-based and real-world problem-based learning that interconnects STEM subjects.
* Stimulates student interest in "wanting to” rather than "having to” take further STEM related courses.
* Bridges and connects in-school and out-of-school learning opportunities.